Your house may be in good condition and well built, yet simple clutter will create a perception of chaos, confusion and disorder to the buyer. In today’s ever-changing markets, get the advantage over other sellers by making your house clutter free and reflect the true market value of your house.
Create open spaces and a simplified look the buyers will love. Mini Storage house doctor recommends that warm, clean, simple, spacious, well-lit, neutral and uncluttered homes are the key to getting the best price that you deserve for your house. Our Top 6 Tips are:
- OUTSIDE – Make sure the outside of your house is presentable. Ensure the lawn is mowed and remove all toys, rubbish and empty flower pots from view. Put all excess equipment – i.e.garden chairs and tables, lawnmowers, bicycles, jet skis and boats – into safe storage at Mini Storage Self Storage Centre. Ensure garden sheds are clean and tidy. The buyers’ first impressions are critical and will shape their attitude throughout the viewing of your house.
- ENTRANCE – Invest in a new welcome mat. Pay close attention to your front door – if its dull or needs to be repainted or stained then do it. Stains, scratches and dirty spots all around the house create distractions to the eye and are a form of clutter. Clean, paint and eliminate as many of these as possible. Clear away all shoes and coats from the entrance and create a single focal point with an attractive table or nice painting.
- LIVING AREAS – Rooms should have little furnishings in them to give the appearance of spaciousness. Place all items of furniture not required into storage with Mini Storage Self Storage Centre. Too many photographs can be distracting so remove them. Bookshelves add a warm touch as long as they are not overloaded. Open blinds and ensure windows are clean. Leave on a few lamps creating a nice, soft ambience. Buyers must be able to imagine themselves and their families living here.
- KITCHEN – The kitchen is the heart of the home and plays an important role in attracting a buyer. Ensure all work surfaces and electrical appliances such as dishwashers, cookers and microwaves are cleaned thoroughly. Never leave rubbish bins in this area. Remove all magnets from fridges and declutter over-crowded cupboards by placing some items such as smaller appliances in safe storage at Mini Storage.Empty your washing machine and tumble dryer and put away clothes.
- Have the smell of fresh coffee or a home baking aroma in the kitchen.
- Bathroom – Give your bathroom a touch of elegance by decluttering. Remove all cosmetics, toothbrushes, razors, toilet brushes and cleaners from view. Thoroughly clean sinks, showers baths and toilet and ensure the room has a nice but not overpowering scent. Invest in new towels and decorate the bathroom with nice flowers and a soap dispenser.
- BEDROOMS – Bedrooms should appear restful and serene with little furnishings. Use nice bed covers on beds and clear off bedside tables. Remove excess paintings or photographs from the walls. Declutter wardrobes to give the impression of space. If curtains are old, take them down and ensure window look clean and fresh.
- Children’s bedrooms can be simplified by taking down posters and boxing up toys in Mini Storage storage boxes.
NOW THAT YOUR HOUSE IS READY TO SELL, MINI STORAGE CAN HELP YOU TO MOVE